New Music Seminar – NYC
- Always choose a venue thats SMALLER than you think you need – whats the worst thing that could happen? It sells out!
- Have a range of merchandise – the more choice you give – the more you will sell (but its not about $ – its about KEEPING fans).
- Learn to screenprint – you’ll be able to make stuff cooler and cheaper, experiment and give more away.
- Make sure you know the 15 reasons your show will succeed – if you only have two …..you’re F@#ked!
- Release smaller things more often – EPs and singles and homemade shit sells.
- Conquer your local market first! The grass isn’t greener in a far away market – it’s just another shade of brown!
- Support your local scene – why do you expect it to support you if you don’t support it? That means going to see other bands, staying all the way through and HELPING if necessary.
- Make a video to promote your next show – but feature all of the other bands MORE than you – yes, even though you’re making the video! It ONLY WORKS if people like it and spread it!
- Don’t ever be an asshole to anyone: be nice to sound people, crew and, really EVERYONE – no one likes an asshole.
- Understand that NO ONE gives a shit about anything you are doing except you (and me).
- June 17-21 in NYC: This Year’s Most Important Music Business Event.
- Join the Architects, Rebels and Game Changers of the New Music Business!
- More than 150 CEOs, Founders and Presidents confirmed to speak.
- Click Here to Register – exclusive 20% discount available to ReverbNation members.
The music business is growing again. This is great news for artists and creators of all kinds! A continuous stream of new opportunities and technologies makes it easier than ever for artists to get more exposure and make more money in new ways. The New Music Seminar is the meeting place for those who are creating the new music industry: YOU. Get in front of the top tier music industry professionals, meet companies that are actively supporting new music, and learn about digital solutions that help artists create, expose and monetize in new and innovative ways.